Disclosure: I was provided with product in exchange for review. All opinions are 100% mine.
Easy cake mix cookies are enhanced with a touch of Almond & then topped with a delicious Cinnamon Spice Glaze in these perfect for Fall Almond Cake Cookies with Cinnamon Spice Glaze
It’s finally getting cool enough to do some baking! We had a ‘cold front’ come through Sunday night & the past couple of days we’ve actually had temps in the 80s & 90s instead of triple digits! It may not seem like much & it may seem like it would still be hot but here, that’s enough to go ahead & turn your oven on as long as your AC is running & still be comfortable.
I wanted to bake something simple & it’s been awhile since I made one of my favorites – cake mix cookies. For these cookies, I spruced them up by adding my LorAnn Almond Bakery Emulsion. The Bakery Emulsions are a gluten-free, water-based alternative to extract flavorings & they are so much better! Since they are water-based, the flavor doesn’t bake out so the taste is amazing. Then I topped the cookies with a simple glaze made with my LorAnn Cinnamon Spice Bakery Emulsion. These were the perfect little sweet treat to ring in Fall!
Almond Cake Cookies with Cinnamon Spice Glaze
for the Almond Cake Cookies:
- 1 box 16.5 ounces white cake mix
- 1 box 3.5 ounces vanilla instant pudding & pie mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons LorAnn Almond Bakery Emulsion
for the Cinnamon Spice Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons LorAnn Cinnamon Spice Bakery Emulsion
for the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, dry vanilla pudding, eggs, butter, milk & Almond Bakery Emulsion – it will be thick
- Scoop the dough into tablespoon sized balls & place the dough on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Cool for just a minute or two on the baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely
- While the cookies are baking, in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and Cinnamon Spice Bakery Emulsion - until smooth.
- Using a spoon, smooth the icing onto the top of each cookie and let set for about 10 minutes, or until hardened. Store in the fridge, let come to room temperature when ready to serve.
Some of my friends have also been experimenting in their kitchen’s with LorAnn Oils! Check out some of the other amazing recipes that have been made: