1 package sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 bag Hershey Hugs
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini-muffin tin.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cookie mix, butter and egg.
3. Scoop the cookie dough into the mini muffin tin filling about 3/4 of the way full
4. Bake 7-10 minutes or until the edges are starting to golden – mine took 8 minutes, the middle of the cookies were just barely done.
5. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the Hershey Hugs – I was able to make 31 cookies – you need one hug per cookie.
6. Once the cookies have finished baking, immediately push the Hugs into the center of the cookie – I put mine in upside down so the flat part of the Hug was at the top of the cookie.
7. Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes in the pan and then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely – its easiest to use a spoon to scoop the cookies out of the pan.
8. Store the cookies loosely covered.
*You have to try one of the cookies while they are still warm – the Hug will have melted from the heat of the cookie and they are scrumptious!
*I normally make these cookies with the combination of Peanut Butter Cookie with a Peanut Butter Cup but the Hubs is allergic to peanuts. If you PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION