A #SundaySupper Autumn Apple Party
What better way to kick off the Fall season than to get the opportunity to join in a #SundaySupper Autumn Apple Party hosted by Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings. I’m so honored to be amongst such great company!
I would have to say Fall is probably my favorite season. I love the smells of pumpkin & cinnamon that always seem to fill the air. I love weather that makes you need a jacket in the mornings but flip-flops in the afternoons. I love being able to open my windows and doors and feel the crisp cool breeze that comes with this time of year. I love the almost non-existent electricity bills I have to help make up for the Texas summers. Ahhh, it’s such a magical time!
But what I love most about Fall is that this time of year inspires me to get back in my kitchen. I love to bake. That’s how my love of food & cooking started. Forget learning how to make chicken, give me cakes or cookies to bake!
So to kick off my fall season, I happily played in my kitchen making these absolutely delicious Country Apple Dumplings. There’s no other word to describe them but simply delicious!
- 4 small Granny Smith Apples, diced
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (8 rolls each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup citrus soda (Mountain Dew)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 1 & 1/2 tbsps sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon. Toss to coat the apples.
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles. Place a large spoonful of the coated diced apples along the largest end of the triangle, opposite the point. Roll the dough over the apples, folding in the sides and pinching the point end to seal. Place in the baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the remaining sugar & teaspoon cinnamon. If you have any left over diced apples, you can add those to the butter as well. Continue to stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the melted butter over the dumplings.
- Pour the soda into the baking dish but not directly over the dumplings.
- Bake for 30 – 45 minutes or until the tops of the dumplings are golden brown.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: allrecipes
THIS RECIPE IS PROUDLY SHARED AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES
Still wanting more? Well we’ve picked a bushelful of recipes to celebrate one of our best loved fruits:
Soups, Salads, Starters and Breads
- Cinnamon Apple Chips- Shockingly Delicious
- Apple Celery Salad- In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mini Apple Pumpkin Pancakes – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast- In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Apple and Leek Soup-Soni’s Food for Thought
- Endive Spears Topped With Apple, Blue Cheese and Hazelnut Salad- The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Homemade Apple Jam – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Butter Cheesecake Dip- Chocolate Moosey
- Apple Sage and Onion Soup with Cheddar Bacon Croutons – Wine in Tampa
- Caramel Apple Bread – famfriendsfood
- Apple Pie Bread Baker Street
- Apple, Bacon & Brie Popovers- I Run for Wine
- Apple and Almond Brie Puff Pastry- Family Foodie
- Apple, Leek and Gruyere Tarts- There and Back Again
- Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin- The Meltaways
- Apple-Glazed Meatballs- The Messy Baker
- Apples & Buttons (Ham, Apples and Dumplings)- Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Skillet Pork with Sweet Spiced Apples- Mama Mommy Mom
- Chicken Apple Meatloaf with Tarragon Tomato Sauce – Diabetic Foodie
- Baked Tilapia Apple Crisp- Daddy Knows Less
- Pork Tenderloin with Calvados Cream Sauce Sustainable Dad
- #SundaySupper Pulled Pork Sandwich With Pickled Red Onions Kwistin’s Favorites
- Harvest Rice- Webicurean
- Wild Rice with Apples, Dried Cranberries, and Walnuts – Ruffles and Truffles
- Apple Topped Sweet Potato Mash- Momma’s Meals
- Warm Spice Pecan Raisin Apple Chutney- Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Double Apple Pot Pie- What Smells So Good?
- Apple Walnut Coffee Cake- The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Streusel Cobbler- Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple & Moroccan Cinnamon Gooey Sticky Buns- Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Apple Pull Apart Monkey Bread- Gotta Get Baked
- Spiced Caramel Apple Pie-Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Apple Pear Kuchen (Apfel Birnenkichen)- Galactosemia in PDX
- Apple Strudel – Magnolia Days
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce-Noshing with the Nolands
- Apple Cheesecake- Vintage Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Crumble Bars- Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting- From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Apple Pound Cake- Damn Delicious
- Cinnamon Apple Dessert Chimichangas- Juanita’s Cocina
- Chai Spiced Apple Pull-Apart Bread- Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Nutella Apple Quesadilla- Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Bavarian Apple Torte- The Lovely Pantry
- Streusel Apple Pie American w/ Pie Freezer Kits- Meal Planning Magic
- French Apple Cobbler with Cinnamon-Maple Whipped Cream Weekend Gourmet
- Chunky Apple-Apricot Bread Pudding- Comfy Cuisine
- Apple Butter Spice Cake – Home Cooking Memories
- Apple Pie and Custard- Happy Baking Days
- #GlutenFree Deep Dish Carmel Apple Pie- Cooking Underwriter
- Apple Brownies That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rustic Apple Galette & Give-Away – Mrs Mama Hen
- Caramel Apple Capirotada La Cocina de Leslie
- Apple-Gingersnap Cookies- Tora’s Real Food
- Apple and Cranberry Turnovers- Flour on my Face
- Applesauce Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake Hip Foodie Mom
- Caramel Frosted Apple Cookies- No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Apple and Pecans Muffins- Basic N Delicious
- Spiced Apple Ale Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Wine Pairings for our #SundaySupper Autumn Apple Party! – ENOFYLZ
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day today for #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 PM EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite apple recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your apple recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
Thank you so much for joining us around the table for #SundaySupper!
Thanks for reminding me about this recipe…SO easy and SO good!! What a great idea for this week’s #SS 🙂
Thank you so much!! And your brownies are absolutely amazing!!
Love this country apple dumplings! Love the color too! This will also add in my trial list too…thanks for sharing!
I hope you like it & I would love to hear what you think if you do try them out!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
That is so interesting with the Mountain Dew. Will have to try these!
These look awesome! Sharing these on the My Favorite Find FB page! Thanks for sharing!
These sound amazing! Love how easy the recipe actually is.
It was definitely an easy recipe to put together!! That’s always a bonus in my book! 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
I am loving all these great apples recipes and this one looks so good and easy using the crescent dough. Love it!
Thanks so much for stopping by Tara!! They definitely were easy to put together with the premade dough!! 🙂
Yum! These look delicious 🙂
My husband loves all things apple. I can’t wait to make these for him.
Thanks for sharing!
Every fall, I look forward to apple dumplings. Love yours!
Thank you so much Carla!
Jaime these are so pretty. I am completely in love with this recipe.
The pictures are beautiful. It sounds fantastic!
Thank you so much!
These look delicious! I just pinned this recipe! thank you!
Thanks so much Alice!
Yum! Your dumplings came out perfectly golden brown – they look absolutely delicious!
Thank you so much Katie!
Apple dumplings remind me of my Nanny. We always had them when visiting her. Thank you so much for sharing. Cannot wait to try!
Those are always such sweet memories!! Thank you so much for stopping by!
Wow! I am wishing I could have some right now… so fabulous!
Wow, they look amazing and the recipe is very unique with the mountain dew. Really interesting!
I love apple dumplings, and these look amazing. Happy #SS!
Thank you so much Jennie!! These were delicious!
Hello Yummyness apples~ HOly smokes I just liked my monitor~
LOL!!! You crack me up!!!
Anything made with crescent dough is wonderful and these apple dumplings sure do look good. I am curious how the Mountain Dew does. I have not thought of pouring soda of any kind over baked goods. Interesting…
We’ve made these several times and we love these! Gorgeous!
Thank you so much Jen!!
Mountain Dew? Really?
Lol, yep, really!! I thought the same thing when I first read the recipe! I think you might be able to leave it out ~ I’m probably going to try to make them again with out the soda and see how they turn out.
Love this recipe! And the pictures are so pretty also!
Thank you so much!
Oh Jaime! These dumplings look amazing! the cinnamon-y apple filling sounds wonderful. never really used of citrus soda, but I’ll be on the look out for it to try your recipe.
These dumplings are so cute. I am curious, what does adding soda do for the dish? I have never heard of such a thing but it intrigues me.
Hey Laura, honestly, I’m not really sure about the soda! Is that horrible?!?! I almost left it out because when I poured the butter onto the dumplings the dish was already so full but I went ahead and added the soda and then the dumplings were floating!! I was freaking out!! LOL!! You really couldn’t taste the soda, I think it was just there to help keep the dumplings moist. The tops of the dumplings were nice & crisp and the bottoms were super moist!! But all you tasted in the bottoms was the butter! They were delicious!! You should try it out!! 🙂
My mom would love this & I’ve saved it to make her next weekend. When I do I will give you a shout. I like how you added more recipes & put them in categories. Im stopping in from BlogLovin & I hope you have a great weekend!
Awesome Nikki!! I can’t wait to hear what you & your mom think!! I thought it was amazing!! Thanks so much for stopping by! You have a great weekend too!!
Love those apple dumplings, yesterday I made an Apple Crisp it was so good, love all these apple recipes, I will be joining in tonight at #sundaysupper
Yay!! I’m so happy you’re going to join in tonight Pamela!! Are you going to post the apple crisp recipe to your site?? I can’t wait to see it!!