This Post Brought To You By UNCLE BEN’S ®.
In the mood for a Mexican inspired meal? In less than 20 minutes, you can serve up this easy, hearty Enchilada Style Chicken, Vegetable & Rice Skillet!
One of my least favorite foods to cook is traditional rice. I pretty much stink at it. For some reason I have a flaw that doesn’t allow me to get the rice fully cooked. So I love finding short cuts to still allow me to include rice in my meals without the hassle of preparing it the slow way.
Which is what makes the skillet meal so easy & so quick to put together. It’s made with my new rice secret weapon – UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE®. These little pouches give me delicious, fluffy rice in 90 seconds! 90 seconds y’all! And with the wide variety of flavors they have available, you’ll have no problems finding the perfect rice to compliment your meal!
Take this Enchilada Style Chicken, Vegetable & Rice Skillet – I made is using UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Jasmine – so the most time consuming part of the dish was cooking the meat. Plus, using the READY RICE® allows it to all be made in just the one skillet which makes clean up a snap!
- In a large skillet, cook the ground chicken until no longer pink. Season the meat with the garlic powder, chili powder & cumin while cooking. Remove the chicken from the skillet, drain, & set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the vegetables over medium heat until crisp-tender.
- While the veggies are sauteing, cook the Ready Rice in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Once the vegetables & rice are both cooked, add the chicken back to the skillet with the veggies. Add in the rice, tomatoes, corn with peppers and the soup. Carefully stir until completely mixed. Allow to heat through.
- Top the skillet with the shredded cheddar cheese prior to serving if desired.
Be sure to stop by UNCLE BEN’S® to check out more of their quick & easy dinner ideas!
this recipe may be showing off at any of these fabulous parties