I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.
This year my family is doing a brunch instead of a big dinner. So I was thinking about the different recipes I could make and I really wanted to try something new. Since we’ll be getting together at my sisters, I am going to need something that will travel well & also reheat well so I decided on a quiche. I know we are going to have plenty of meat options at brunch so a vegetarian quiche it is.
So I loaded up & drove down the street to my local Walmart & grabbed my ingredients! I’ve got to make sure the recipe works & tastes great before I serve it to the family for Easter Brunch!
So I grabbed a bag of Ore-Ida - my favorite Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes – from the freezer section! They make a great soup so I knew they would work perfectly for a crispy quiche crust! Then I filled up my basket with fresh tomatoes, spinach and basil, another carton of eggs & I was good to go!
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease your pie dish.
- Gently press the thawed and drained Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes in between paper towels to dry them out as much as possible. Toss the Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes with the melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom & up the sides of the pie dish to form a crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown & the edges are starting to crisp.
- Remove from the oven & lower the heat to 350 degrees
- Layer the tomato slices in a circle around the outer edge of the crust. Top the tomatoes with the chopped spinach and then lay the basil leaves out flat on top of the spinach.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, half & half and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly pour the mixture over the layered ingredients in the pie dish. Don't worry about whether the ingredients are completely covered or not - they will rise as the quiche cooks.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until the quiche is starting to turn golden on top & the egg mixture is set.
What does your family have planned for Easter Sunday?
To see more Easter Brunch recipe ideas using Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, head here. You can also get Easter Dinner recipe ideas as well as print a money saving coupon for Ore-Ida!