Hey! I’m Doree and I blog over at Top Notch Mom. I started blogging because I wanted to share my quick and easy recipes. I have an almost 2 year old running around so the less time I spend in the kitchen, and more time I spend with him is what matters most to me.
Today I am going to share my fun twist on the usual meatloaf and mashed potatoes recipe. Instead of the tired, traditional presentation I decided to make it fun and look like delicious cupcakes. To spice up this family favorite all you need is a cupcake pan and a decorating bag with an icing tip.
I absolutely love the simplicity of this recipe and I feel like the cupcake version makes it more fun and kid friendly. Enjoy!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the cupcake pan with a can of cooking spray and put all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mash it up with your hands and don't be afraid to get dirty!
- Spoon the meatloaf into the cupcake pan, filling each one to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the meatloaf cupcakes begin to pull away from the sides
- For the mashed potato icing, I used a 12 inch Wilton disposable decorating bag and a Wilton 1M decorating tip and piped it on top of the meatloaf cupcakes once they came out of the oven.
- Feel free to top with bacon or any other topping of your choice