A delicious yet simple side dish of Roasted Asparagus & Potatoes tossed with garlic & fresh lemon juice
So a couple of weeks ago I shared the oh so good Rosemary Lemon Chicken that I made during my first two weeks on the Simple Start program. I really wanted a simple, yet flavorful side dish to go along with the chicken so I decided to make some roasted asparagus & potatoes with a little garlic & then toss it all in some fresh lemon juice. It was delicious. So simple, yet packed with flavor!
Plus it’s just a pretty plate of food! The purple potatoes with the bright green fresh asparagus mixed in – so pretty! This was the first time I had tried the purple passion potatoes and they were a fun change of pace from the typical fingerling or red potatoes that I buy for roasting.
Roasted Asparagus & Potato Toss
- 1 bag 28 ounces purple passion potatoes, cut in half or quarters depending on the size
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus rough ends removed
- 5 tablespoons butter cubed
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 small lemons
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil for easier clean up.
- Place the potatoes & asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet. Space the cubed butter out across the veggies. Sprinkle with the minced garlic & squeeze the juice from 1 lemon over the potatoes & asparagus.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender & the asparagus is just beginning to brown. Remove from the oven & squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon over the asparagus & potatoes. Serve hot.
Need more veggies in your diet?
Follow my I’LL HAVE A SIDE OF…. Pinterest Board for even more side dish inspiration!