Welcome to this month’s Secret Recipe Club reveal! This month I had the privilege of getting to pick a recipe from Nicole’s blog – I am a Honey Bee! Getting to spend this past month checking out Nicole’s blog is exactly why I love being a part of the Secret Recipe Club. It introduces me to new blogs & bloggers that otherwise I might not have gotten to know. And I really enjoy Nicole’s blog! She not only share’s recipes, but also shares her love of scrapbooking & travel. Plus she’s a new mom so there are sweet little baby pictures mixed in there too!
As I was looking through Nicole’s recipes trying to decide which one I was going to pick, I will admit it was a tough choice. She had quite a few recipes that I wanted to make. I’m a sucker for Fried Pickles so those were right at the top of the list. Then there were the Tropical Pork Pineapple Kabobs that sound amazing. And then, since I was obviously making a three course meal, her Honeydew Melon Sorbet would definitely be the dessert pick! 😉
Then I saw her HaHa’s Chicken recipe & the name alone won me over! And then the flavors in the dish sealed the deal! This was absolutely a delicious dinner! It’s a simple chicken bake recipe that also serves up the veggies & fruit all in one dish! I was a little worried about the broccoli & peaches working together with the cream sauce but it works great! Nicole recommends serving it over rice, which we are trying to cut back on so I served it with a simple side of roasted potatoes & those were also delicious dipped in the cream sauce!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a small casserole dish - I used a 2 quart dish. Place the chicken in a single layer in the dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions & saute until soft and translucent. Add the garlic & saute just until fragrant. Remove from heat & add in the paprika. Pour the onion mixture over the chicken in the dish. Cover with foil & bake until the chicken is cooked through & no longer pink, about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the size of your thighs.
- While the chicken is cooking, steam the broccoli until tender-crisp.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayo & Parmesan cheese. Set aside until the chicken is done cooking (I put mine back in the fridge because I'm weird about mayo sitting out for more than like two minutes).
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove the dish from the oven & turn the broiler on on your oven. Arrange the broccoli and the peach halves around the chicken thighs. Dollop the sour cream sauce on top of the chicken, broccoli & peaches.
- Return to the oven & broil until just brown.