Welcome to Day #5 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
Potato skins – meet your match! There’s a new bite in town!
These Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes are a great snack for game day! Filled with cheese and bacon, it will be sure to please your hungry football fans!
They were for the most part pretty easy to make. The hardest part was scooping out the inside of the potatoes without breaking through the skin. But it worked & they tasted great. These can even be prepared ahead of time to make you Super Bowl Sunday less stressful!
Now be sure to visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more delicious ideas:
- Lasagna Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Spinach Squares by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Ultimate Stuffed ‘Shrooms by Cooking in Stilettos
- Feta Chicken Wontons by Makobi Scribe
- Roasted Red Pepper Guacamole by Clarks Condensed
- Parmesan and Garlic Boneless Chicken Wings by From Gate to Plate
- Greek Salad Skewers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cajun Bacon Nuts by Life Off the Clock
- Jalapeno Poppers by Organized Island
- Mini Loaded Twice Baked Potato by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Very Veggie Puff Pastry Pizza Bites by Farm Fresh Feasts
- BBQ Chicken Nachos by Lemons for Lulu
- Apricot Blue Cheese Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Low-Carb Kickin’ Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Sweet Onion Galette by Call Me PMc
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings by Flavor Mosaic
Be sure to keep scrolling past the Mini Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes recipe to get entered in the giveaway!
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- Toss the potatoes in olive oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes; until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a tooth pick. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- With a small knife cut off the top 1/4 of each potato, discarding the top. Then using a small spoon (I used my 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon) scoop out the inside of the potato, making sure to the keep skin intact, placing potato flesh into a small bowl. Using a fork or a masher, combine the potato with the bacon, sour cream, green onions & cheese. Once combined, place the mashed potato mixture into a Ziplock bag and cut off the tip of the bag. Pipe the potato mixture into the potato skins, making sure mixture is slightly mounded at the top. Place potatoes back on the baking dish.
- Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until the tops are slightly browned and potatoes are heated through. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
You can make this dish ahead of time - simply cover the the potatoes with plastic wrap & place in the fridge until ready to cook. Make sure to bring potatoes back to room temperature before cooking the second time.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Wendy See Wendy Do
Now for the giveaway:
Today’s sponsor is PotsandPans.com. Whether you’re shopping for the perfect pot or the perfect price PotsandPans.com is the one stop shop for the savvy chef! PotsandPans.com is supplying #AppetizerWeek with some really special Rachael Ray Tools. Rachael Ray Tools all have one thing in mind: making time in the kitchen fun and efficient. These tools fit the bill with bright hues and innovative designs, today’s prize pack is being offered in Orange. We know it will brighten up any kitchen. You can follow PotsandPans.com on Facebook and on Twitter. Giveaway is open to U.S. Residents only. Must be 18 years, or older to participate. Please see terms in rafflecopter for full rules and regulations. Sorry to all our Canadian and International readers. xx
List of PotsandPans.com Prizes from Rachael Ray Tools:
Rachael Ray Tools 2-pc Spoonula Set in Orange
Rachael Ray Tools 2-pc Set: Lazy Spoon and Ladle in Orange
Rachael Ray Tools 2-pc Salt and Pepper Grinder Set in Orange
Rachael Ray Tools 3 Tier Stacking Salt Box
Rachael Ray Tools Balloon Whisk in Orange