Wrap up your holiday baking with a batch of this simple delicious Vanilla Chai Bread!
Hi it’s Doree from Top Notch Mom. I can’t believe how quickly the holidays came and went this year, and now we are a day away from January 1st, holy cow! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season, and that you have a great 2014. I don’t know about you, but I did so much cookie baking this past month that I needed a change in the kitchen. I decided to whip up some Vanilla Chai Bread and I loved it so much I had to share it with all of you Mom’s Test Kitchen readers.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray
- Combine granulated sugar and butter and blend with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. On low beat water, milk, vanilla and eggs until combined. Stir in remaining ingredients until moistened.
- Spread in pan
- Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- For the glaze:
- In a small bowl, stir powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 TBS milk until spreadable.
- Cool completely before slicing