A Friday full of bacon?? Why yes, yes it is! We started our day off with 10 Bacon Filled Sweet Treats & now we’re ending it with this insanely good Apple Bacon Coleslaw.
I was initially a little nervous about the apple bacon combo. I know that it’s a popular combination of flavors but it was one I hadn’t tried yet. I’m so glad I did. This coleslaw was awesome. We had it with BBQ pork chops for my father-in-laws birthday. It was a perfect side dish with the BBQ pork.
This coleslaw kicks a certain chicken chain coleslaw’s ass.
YIELD: serves 6-8
- 1 bag (1 pound) coleslaw mix
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 lunchbox sized granny smith apple, diced
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 navel orange, juiced
- 6 ounces (about 8 slices) centercut bacon, cooked crisped & crumbled
- Add the coleslaw mix & the green onions to a large bowl with a lid. Toss in the diced green apples & half of the crumbled bacon.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, vinegar, honey & the juice from the lemon & orange. I put it all in a tupperware bowl with a lid & gave it a really good shake.
- Spoon the dressing over the coleslaw mix using as much or as little of the dressing to your taste ~ I used about 3/4 of the dressing mix, not all of it. Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve, preferably at least a few hours.
- Add in the rest of the crumbled bacon right before serving.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Ghetto Foodie
CHECK OUT DOREE, A PRETTY AWESOME MOMMY & FOODIE @