Do y’all have that one product that you’re name brand loyal to? The one that you’ll buy even if it’s not on sale, not the best deal that week, and you don’t have a coupon available for it?? Well Country Crock is that product for me! And I’m not just saying that because they’re paying me! I always have a tub of Country Crock in my fridge! I grew up on Country Crock and it’s what I always buy for my family. It’s my go to for everything from toast to cookies!
Now that I’ve spouted all about my love of Country Crock, they want to hear all about your love of casseroles! Country Crock has teamed up with Chef Carla to find a few Country Crock Stars! They want to know all about what you do to make your casseroles a family favorite!! Want to be the next Country Crock Star? Head over to Country Crock’s Facebook Page, share a photo of your favorite one-dish wonder and tell Chef Carla & Country Crock what makes you the Star of your kitchen!!
Now let me show you why I’m a star in mine!
YIELD: 6 servings
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) Country Crock Spread
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
- powdered sugar for dusting
- warm milk (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 1 & 1/2 quart casserole dish by lightly buttering and flouring the sides and bottom. In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder and salt; mix and set aside.
- In your mixer, cream together the Country Crock and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix well after each egg. Add the vanilla and then the flour mixture a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as it combines.
- Continue mixing until the flour mixture is incorporated. Fold in a 1/2 cup of the cherries, and then transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Arrange the other 1/2 cup of cherries over the top and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes. Let cool and dust with powdered sugar.
- Optional ~ pour warm milk over casserole when serving