Welcome to this month’s Secret Recipe Club!! This is my third month with the group and I am loving every minute of it! It has been so much fun finding new blogs & recipes every month. If it weren’t for this group, I might have never stumbled across such great people and their food! Great people like Dena from Oh! You Cook! , my secret recipe club mission for this month! 🙂
Dena has so many great recipes that just so happen to be kosher! Now, I am not Jewish but my very best friend from school is & I practically lived at her house growing up so many of Dena’s recipes brought back great memories of meals with my second family. I had a hard time deciding which of her recipes I wanted to recreate but I finally landed on her Chicken Satay Bites and I’m glad I did!!
YIELD: 40 appetizers
- 1 package (5 6-inch rounds) pita bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro, stems removed
- juice from 2 small limes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cooked & shredded
- additional cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Lightly brush rough sides of triangles with 1 tablespoon of the oil and place, oiled side up, on a baking sheet. Bake until crisp and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Place triangle toasts on a serving platter and set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse the peanut butter, chopped cilantro, lime juice, water, ginger, hot sauce, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil until combined but still thick.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken with the peanut sauce. Spoon mixture onto the pita toasts. Top with the additional cilantro leaves, if desired.