Cilantro Cream Chicken

This Cilantro Cream Chicken recipe was originally shared as a guest post at This Gal Cooks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do y’all have a favorite herb?  Ours would be cilantro.  The Hubs can eat the leaves straight off the stems.  He loves it!  Any dish that has cilantro in it I know will be a hit in our house and this chicken was no exception!  It was so easy to throw together and made for a perfect meal served over rice!
Cilantro Cream Chicken | www.momstestkitchen.com

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 & 1/4 pounds chicken tenderloins
  • 1 cup Italian dressing
  • juice from 1 small lime
  • 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 red onion, sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced

LETS COOK:

1. Combine the Italian dressing, lime juice & about 2 tablespoons of the cilantro. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mix, pour the remaining marinade over the chicken & vegetables in a Tupperware containers or gallon Ziploc bags. Turn the chicken to coat & marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour up to overnight. I kept my chicken & veggies in two separate bags.
  2. Add the remaining cilantro to the reserved 1/4 cup of marinade & combine with the 1/4 cup of sour cream. I gave mine a quick blend in my food processor. Chill until ready to serve.
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Remove the chicken & vegetables from the marinade, discard the remaining marinade.
  4. Saute chicken until the chicken is no longer pink & juices run clear. Add the vegetables to the chicken after the first few minutes and cook until the vegetables are tender.
  5. Serve the chicken & veggies over rice & topped with the Cilantro Cream Sauce.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Wish-Bone
LOOKING FOR MORE CHICKEN DISHES?
Chicken & Cornbread Casserole | Mom's Test KitchenCHICKEN & CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
Simple Chicken Tortilla Casserole | Mom's Test KitchenSIMPLE CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE
Quick & Easy Chicken & Rice Soup | Mom's Test KitchenQUICK & EASY CHICKEN & RICE SOUP

Signature

G+ | PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’ | SU
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL & HAVE DINNER DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

Comments

1. Amanda says

One of the best dishes I’ve made in a long time! I love chicken, peppers and cilantro. This dish combined them all. All the different flavors compliment each other so well! I will definitely be making this again soon. Thank you!

• says

I’m trying to remember back Brittany, I feel like it might have been enough to feed my husband & I for dinner the one night with some leftover so I would say depending on how much y’all eat 2-4 servings. You could definitely use the lower calorie sour cream & Italian dressing to help keep the calorie count even lower :)

2. Melissa Barnes says

Cilantro Cream Chicken ~ Even better using Kraft Zesty Lime Vinaigrette (instead of the Italian dressing). And you can omit the lime juice.

• says

I’ve been wanting to try that dressing but I can’t find in anywhere in the stores here! I wanted to use it on my Chopped Chicken Salad that I made a couple of weeks ago but used a different one instead. I may have to con you into shipping me a bottle of it Melissa! 😉

3. DLR says

Hello, I’m making this receipt tonight and I was wondering should I warm the sauce, pour cold sauce on top of meat and vegetables in the pan or pour it on the meat and veggies once it’s on my plate?

• says

I apologize I didn’t see this sooner to answer your question so I hope it turned out when you made it for dinner!! I left mine chilled until I was ready to serve it, & spooned it over the meat & veggies as soon as I plated it so the heat from the chicken would help take the chill off the sauce

Trackbacks

1. […] Remember how I told you last week about the gorgeous weather we were having? Well, we got pummeled with snow this past weekend and ended up having a snow day Monday. And we have another storm heading our way any minute now. Wahhhh. Can’t it be Spring yet? I really shouldn’t complain because we’ve had a gorgeous winter so far but it’s just such a pain carting the kids around in the snow. I predict I will not be going anywhere unless absolutely necessary. While the weather was nice, we had this delicious creamy cilantro chicken straight from the grill. I always love Italian dressing as a marinade so when I saw this recipe I knew it was something we had to try. Italian dressing is mixed with lime juice and cilantro for a zesty chicken marinade. Some of it is reserved to mix with the sour cream for a delicious sauce to drizzle over the finished dish. It so tasty and a very easy weeknight dinner alongside some cilantro lime rice and black beans. And don’t worry if you’re having frigid weather like us, this would be equally delicious on a countertop grill or sautéed on the stovetop. Creamy Cilantro Chicken recipe adapted from Mom’s Test Kitchen […]