I know y’all have seen the Hoisin Glazed Turkey Meatballs floating around Pinterest, right? How could you not want to try a recipe when the picture makes it look this good?!
|Source: Healthy Seasonal Recipes|
Only problem ~ I have a crazy weird aversion to ground meat. I seriously don’t like it. It’s completely a texture thing but I just won’t eat it.
But I knew that I wanted to try this recipe out. So I had to come up with a way to use the flavors with a meat I would be happy eating. So I went with pork.
And y’all, seriously, please make this recipe!! Whether you make the meatballs, pork chops, chicken, whatever! Just make it!!
I’ve actually made it twice now. The first time I made it the Hubs loved it so much he talked about it for weeks after we had it. He asked for the pork chops for dinner every day for the week after we ate it. So last week when we had his birthday, I asked him what he wanted for dinner and he of course asked for these pork chops!
|Disclosure: my picture is obviously no where near as good as the
meatballs but I still promise you want to try this meal!!
- 3/4 pound thin cut pork chops ~ about 5 pieces
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice from 1 small lime
- In a Tupperware bowl with a lid, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper, sugar, garlic & green onions. Stir until combined.
- Add the pork chops and allow to marinate in the refrigerator. I let mine marinate for about 8-9 hours.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Pan sear the pork chops until cooked through ~ about 5 minutes on each side.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the Hoisin sauce, cilantro & lime juice.
- Dip the cooked pork chops in the sauce, turning to coat.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Healthy Seasonal Recipes