Chicken | Main Dishes | Pasta | Vegetables
A Black Eye & A Recipe
Want to see what’s been going on in my world lately?
|day it happened|
My poor baby got her first black eye 🙁
She was playing and accidentally fell into our coffee table. It broke my heart. And of course, I go to worse case scenario. I’m ready to call the Hubs, have him come home from work, take her to the ER cause I’m positive the fall made her blind in that eye! I promise I’m not typically the mom that freaks out about cuts & bruises but she kept blinking and acting like she couldn’t see things right!
What do I know though?
Ten minutes later she was up & playing like nothing had ever happened!
BUFFALO CHICKEN PASTA SALAD
- 1 package (12 ounces) rotini pasta
- 4 frozen chicken strips
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 bunch celery, diced
- 1 pound mini peeled carrots, diced
- salt & pepper to season
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Cook the frozen chicken strips according to the package directions. Chop into bite sized pieces
- Stir together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, & buffalo wing sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the chicken, celery, carrots, & cooked pasta and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Allrecipes
Your poor baby! I feel your pain – one day, years ago, I was baby-sitting my 2 year old nephew. I used to sit on an exercise ball and I’d always put it up out of reach whenever my nephew came over. That one day, I forgot to put it away and I turned my back for 5 seconds. Next thing I knew, he bounced off the ball and smacked his head against my metal bed frame. His ear lobe had split apart and was bleeding like crazy! I was so paranoid he’d develop a life-threatening infection I drove him to the doctor. Thankfully he was ok but I’ll never forget how terrible I felt and how sad he looked to be injured. They’re resilient little things, aren’t they?
Ouch! Poor little darling… I’m sure your heart stopped when this happened, but they really are tough little nuts, aren’t they? 🙂
Thank goodness she’s tough because she handled it better than I did!! 😉