Show of hands ~ who has forgotten to pull meat out of the freezer until it was time to start making dinner? Maybe forgotten that meat needed to marinate for at least a few hours before being cooked?? Don’t be ashamed, there’s no judgement here. I did the marinating thing just this last week. Thought I just seasoned the chicken and then cooked it. Nope, it needed to marinate.
So what do you do when your best laid dinner plans get shot to hell? Well, if you’re me, you grab a box of Chicken Helper from the pantry (the whole grain kind, I do try to eat the healthy processed food), some frozen chicken fries & some frozen carrots and boom, you’ve got a dinner.
This week for #SundaySupper, our wonderful host Amber from Mama’s Blissful Bites has asked us all to bring a dish that requires a limited number of ingredients to the table. I’m talking 5 ingredients or less people!!
PEANUT BUTTER CUP POPCORN
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cook popcorn according to package directions. Empty into a bowl with a lid being sure to remove any unpopped kernels.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, peanut butter, chocolate chips & vanilla.
- Cook on low heat until everything is melted & smooth.
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and toss with a spoon to coat.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Store covered in the fridge.
*Optional ~ sprinkle powdered sugar on top prior to serving
THIS RECIPE IS PROUDLY SHARED AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES
Need a little more inspiration for those days you just don’t feel like cooking an elaborate meal? My #SundaySupper friends have got you covered:
BREAKFAST, STARTERS, BUTTER & JAMS:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Don’t forget to join us on Twitter throughout the day today for #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your favorite 5 ingredient or less recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
Thanks for joining us around the table for #SundaySupper!