Roasted Veggie Sandwich
1/4 cup mayo
3 cloves garlic, minced
juice from 1 small lemon
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced
3 mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Italian dressing
bread of choice
cheese of choice
1. Mix together the mayo, minced garlic and lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve – at least an hour.
2. Mix together all of the vegetables and the Italian dressing. Toss to coat. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
4. Spread the vegetables out in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
5. Roast vegetables for 25-30 minutes.
6. Spread the mayo mixture onto your bread.
7. Add cheese on top of mayo.
8. Place bread under broiler for 2-3 minutes, just until warmed and cheese has started to melt.
9. Remove the bread from the oven and layer with vegetables.
*Bread – I used Round White Mountain
*Cheese – I used shredded mozzarella
*I served this with the Onion Rings with Dipping Sauce
* The garlic mayo was good, but we enjoyed the Onion Ring Dipping Sauce on the sandwich more
~Recipe inspired by AllRecipes