This Zucchini & Tomato Pasta with Lemon Yogurt Sauce is another perfect summer dish! It requires no oven & only requires your stove long enough to cook the pasta & do some light sauteing to your veggies! You get to use up some of those garden fresh vegetables in this protein packed healthy dinner!
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1/2 package (about 6 ounces) vermicelli pasta
- 1 container (5.3 ounces) plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 container (10.5 ounces) cherub tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to season
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta & cook according to package directions. Remove 1/4 cup of the cooking water & set aside. Drain the pasta.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan cheese and the juice from half of the lemon. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini & squash and saute until just soft & somewhat translucent. Push the zucchini to the side of the skillet & add the garlic. Heat the garlic for 15-30 seconds, just until fragrant, making sure not to burn. Mix the garlic into the zucchini. Add in the tomatoes and cook until just heated, only a couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the yogurt sauce & stir to combine. Add in the drained pasta & toss gently to coat the pasta. Add the reserved cooking water one tablespoon at a time to thin the sauce if needed.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Ezra Pound Cake