Main Dishes | Pasta | Sauce | Savory | Vegetables
Zucchini & Tomato Pasta with Lemon Yogurt Sauce
This Zucchini & Tomato Pasta with Lemon Yogurt Sauce is another perfect summer dish! It requires no oven & only requires your stove long enough to cook the pasta & do some light sauteing to your veggies! You get to use up some of those garden fresh vegetables in this protein packed healthy dinner!
ZUCCHINI & TOMATO PASTA WITH LEMON YOGURT SAUCE
YIELD: 4 servings
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1/2 package (about 6 ounces) vermicelli pasta
- 1 container (5.3 ounces) plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 container (10.5 ounces) cherub tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to season
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta & cook according to package directions. Remove 1/4 cup of the cooking water & set aside. Drain the pasta.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan cheese and the juice from half of the lemon. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini & squash and saute until just soft & somewhat translucent. Push the zucchini to the side of the skillet & add the garlic. Heat the garlic for 15-30 seconds, just until fragrant, making sure not to burn. Mix the garlic into the zucchini. Add in the tomatoes and cook until just heated, only a couple of minutes.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the yogurt sauce & stir to combine. Add in the drained pasta & toss gently to coat the pasta. Add the reserved cooking water one tablespoon at a time to thin the sauce if needed.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Ezra Pound Cake
LOOKING FOR MORE SUMMER FLAVORS?
CHECK THESE OUT
Be sure to stay connected on social media for all the latest recipes & behind the scenes fun!
CHECK OUT DOREE, A PRETTY AWESOME MOMMY & FOODIE @
I have all the ingredients to make this one! Congrats on this getting featured on My Recipe Magic. The recipe just popped and I had to click on it. I love all things lemon too!! Have a great day.
Lori’s Culinary Creations
Congrats on getting featured on My Recipe Magic, Jamie!
So excited for you – and this looks totally delicious!
Ang, Juggling Act Mama
Wow! Is all I can say! No wonder this recipe has over 300 pins. It looks amazing and it is truly unique for me. I’ve never added yogurt in any sauce for dinner or lunch recipes. I also have not been able to come up with many recipes for zucchini that I like. Sounds like a good place to start! Thank you for sharing! Thank you also for linking up to the Get Fit Friday Blog Hop! I enjoyed reading this post. Following you now on everything! <3
This recipe is both beautiful and packed with nutrition. I love it! Perfect for all of that zucchini that is starting to come in. We all need more zucchini recipes when the harvest comes in. Thanks for sharing it at Get Fit Friday. I’m also sharing this on my FB page on a feature I call, “What’s For Dinner?” Monday. I share recipes on FB and Pinterest. Have a good week. I hope to see you again Friday.
These salad look so fresh and light! 🙂 I love a good summer salad.
Gorgeous pasta, and a clever idea to use yogurt instead of cream, especially in the summer!
Yummy in my tummy