4 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound baby carrots
28 ounces honey gold potatoes, quartered
1/2 cup diced red onion
2 teaspoons dried oregano
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil onto the baking sheet and gently move to spread the oil out. Rub the skin of the chicken thighs in the oil, then turn them skin side up.
3. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes in 1 tablespoon olive oil until well coated. Spread the potatoes out around the chicken on the baking sheet.*
4. In the same bowl, toss the carrots in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil until well coated. Mix the carrots in with the potatoes around the chicken.*
5. Sprinkle the onion and oregano over the chicken and vegetables. Zest the orange and sprinkle over the chicken, reserving the juice. Season the entire pan with salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the pan and squeeze the juice from the orange over the chicken. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
*You could combine steps 3 & 4 into one step – just put the carrots and potatoes and 2 tablespoons of oil into one really big bowl and then dump out onto the baking sheet – I just don’t have a bowl big enough to hold all of that so I wrote it out as 2 separate steps
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Life Is Great
Anyone else crazy enough to admit to summer time roasting?? 😉