As the cool weather sets in, nothing beats a warm, hearty bowl of semi-homemade chowder!
So it’s finally starting to get cooler here in Texas. Today we actually are staying in the 50s! To me, nothing beats curling up under a blanket wearing flannel pj pants and fuzzy socks. I love the cold! So much more than the stinking hot Texas summers!
The cooler weather also makes me want to eat more casseroles and soups! I want hearty food in the cooler months. I want to put on the extra pounds because I’m eating such yummy comfort foods! And lets be honest here, what’s more comforting than bacon??
This chowder was super easy to make & absolutely delicious, plus it makes enough to feed us at least two dinners! I’ve actually made it twice now & we probably will have it quite a few more times this winter! It’s packed full of veggies & the broth is made with a canned soup so it’s really quick to get together! Throw everything into the pot about mid-morning, let it simmer all day & by dinner time you’ve got a hearty bowl of comfort just waiting for you! Serve it with a side of your favorite bread and you won’t be disappointed! Just full 🙂
Potato, Corn & Bacon Chowder
- 4 white potatoes peeled & cubed
- 1 cup baby carrots cut in half
- 1 bag 12 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bag 12 ounces Pictsweet Seasoning Blend, thawed
- 1 can 14.75 ounces cream style corn
- 1 can 18 ounces Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Roasted Garlic cooking sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked crisp
- 1 cup milk
- In a large pot (I used a 6 quart), combine the potatoes, carrots, both corns, seasoning blend, cooking sauce & sugar. Crumble the cooked bacon into the pot & stir to combine.
- Cook on low to medium-low for about 6-8 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add the milk to the pot and let continue to simmer until the milk is heated through. Season with salt & pepper before serving.