Lemon Citrus Cookies #SundaySupper
Spring has sprung!! I’m so happy for the warmer days! The longer days! I love the sunshine, wearing flip flops, the time of year before it gets to be a miserable Texas summer.
Spring is the season I wished never ended. The weather is perfect. The colors of the blooming flowers & trees are beautiful. Kids are out playing. It’s the time of year where you need shorts during the day and a blanket to cuddle up with at night. And I love it!
One of my other favorite things about Spring is the fresh citrus that starts becoming available again. Fresh oranges, fresh limes, fresh lemons ~ they all scream Spring! What’s your favorite part of the season??
YIELD: 4 dozen
- 3 small lemons
- 1/2 cup turbinado (raw) sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, zest all of the lemons. Remove about 2 teaspoons of the zest and place in a separate bowl. Add the 1/2 cup of turbinado sugar to the 2 teaspoons of zest. Combine with a fork and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and the 1 cup of granulated sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined. Slowly add in the remaining zest and the lemon juice.
- Scoop the dough into 1/2 tablespoon size balls. Then roll them in the turbinado sugar & zest mixture, coating generously. Place the ball on cookie sheet and repeat. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread by The Meltaways
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite Springtime recipes!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat!
These lemon cookies look so good Jamie!
These cookies give me hope that warm weather is around the corner!
Lemon and spring go hand in hand. These cookies are so lovely – they look perfectly light, puffy and crispy. I love how you can see the bits of zest in the finished cookies.
I love lemony desserts! Sounds simply perfect.
Perfect for Spring!!
Love citrus flavors in cookies!Just makes them extra special 🙂 So yumm…
My husband’s birthday is next Monday and his favourite fruit is lemon. I think surprising him with a batch of these would be wonderful
Yum… lemon! These look so moist and I think it would be hard to stop at one! 😉
Spring is the best! These cookies look delicious. This week I’m going to be baking up a storm and I really want to try these.
I seriously love lemon treats. These cookies look fantastic!
Love cookies are so delicious! I’m pinning this recipe for later.
What pretty cookies! Yum!
What pretty cookies! Yum!
What pretty cookies! Yum!
Yum! Lemon cookies are so refreshing
I love lemon anything! These will definitely be making an appearance in my kitchen!
My mother would love these cookies. I think I’ll make some for Mother’s Day!
Fantastic cookies…even my picky hubby would love these!
Jaime! These cookies look so good- I bet they taste just like spring! 🙂
I have a similar recipe and we just loooooooove them. Great cookies, never last long though….. 🙂