We are a pasta loving household. I personally am a fan of pasta because frankly, its cheap & that provides a great deal of benefit to my grocery budget. But I also like the fact that I can make a hearty & filling meal with simply pasta & vegetables and no one misses the meat! See, again, just more ways pasta stretches my dollars! 🙂
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound mini farfelle pasta
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) diced Italian style tomatoes
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic & cook over medium heat ~ only about 30 seconds, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes or so
- While the tomatoes are simmering, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta.
- Toss the pasta with the tomatoes. Stir in the chopped spinach. Mix one large handful of mozzarella cheese in with the pasta, tomatoes & spinach.
- Pour the pasta into the oiled dish. Top the pasta with more mozzarella cheese & Parmesan cheese, covering the pasta well.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted & starting to turn golden brown.