Fried Zucchini Pasta
A couple of weeks ago I did a guest post over at Mess Makes Food… If you have never checked out her site, you really should! She is a great resource for vegetarian recipes. And even though the Hubs & I aren’t vegetarians, we do try to limit the amount of meat we eat during the week simply to help stretch the grocery budget 🙂
Anyways, I thought I would share the recipe with y’all today just in case anyone missed it! 🙂
2 medium zucchini, sliced thin
1/4 cup flour
salt & pepper to season
1/2 pound linguine noodles
1/2 cup olive oil (may need some additional)
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 cup Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini slices with the flour. Season with salt & pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the zucchini in small groups and fry until browned & crisped on both sides, it only takes a just a few minutes. Use a slotted spoon and transfer the zucchini to drain on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat until all the zucchini is fried.
3. While you are working on your zucchini, cook your pasta according to package directions.
4. Drain the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot & toss with the basil & dressing. Feel free to sprinkle some cheese down in there too 🙂
5. Transfer the pasta to a bowl & top with the zucchini. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: yumsugar
Mom’s Test Meal Mondays!!
THIS RECIPE PROUDLY SHARED AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES
I make a fried zucchini pasta recipe but this seems even more easy. I can’t wait to try it!!! Thanks for the new idea.
I’d love to check out your recipe Alison! Is it on your blog? Zucchini is one of our favorite veggies so I’m always looking for new ways to cook it! Thanks so much for stopping by!
I love zucchini and this dish sounds really tasty!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
Looks amazing!! The perfect timing with the garden being full. New follower via Love and Laundry
This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and we would love a link back. Remember to come back and vote on Sunday.
This looks great, I will definitely be trying this one soon! Anything zucchini is a winner for me 🙂
I love zucchini anyway, but this recipe make me want to head out to the kitchen and fry some up right NOW! Thanks for sharing… 🙂
That sounds so perfect for me! Love pasta and veggies. Great photo.
Jessica @ At Home Take 2
Thank you so much Jessica!
It looks GREAT and it’s definitely something my family would love to eat.
Ah, thank you Winnie! We really loved it & it was definitely filling! Never missed the meat 🙂
Looks yummy! Found you from Mom’s Monday mingle and signed up to follow. Looking forward to more yummy recipes!
Thanks Michelle! I’m going to head over and check out your blog too!
Hi, thanks for hosting the link party, it’s my first time to link with you, been following you on Twitter, but somehow missed your party. check out http://www.callmepmc.com if you have time
Hey Paula! I’m so glad you linked up!! I can’t wait to check out the recipes you shared!