A couple of weeks ago I did a guest post over at Mess Makes Food… If you have never checked out her site, you really should! She is a great resource for vegetarian recipes. And even though the Hubs & I aren’t vegetarians, we do try to limit the amount of meat we eat during the week simply to help stretch the grocery budget 🙂
Anyways, I thought I would share the recipe with y’all today just in case anyone missed it! 🙂
2 medium zucchini, sliced thin
1/4 cup flour
salt & pepper to season
1/2 pound linguine noodles
1/2 cup olive oil (may need some additional)
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 cup Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini slices with the flour. Season with salt & pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the zucchini in small groups and fry until browned & crisped on both sides, it only takes a just a few minutes. Use a slotted spoon and transfer the zucchini to drain on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat until all the zucchini is fried.
3. While you are working on your zucchini, cook your pasta according to package directions.
4. Drain the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot & toss with the basil & dressing. Feel free to sprinkle some cheese down in there too 🙂
5. Transfer the pasta to a bowl & top with the zucchini. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: yumsugar
Mom’s Test Meal Mondays!!
THIS RECIPE PROUDLY SHARED AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES