Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies #SecretRecipeClub
I’m so excited to be joining in another month of the Secret Recipe Club!! This month my blog assignment was Without Adornment.
I’m going to be honest and say that I was nervous picking out a recipe. Bean’s blog is a gluten-free & sometimes other allergy free blog! I know absolutely NOTHING about gluten free recipes & products & cooking!! But I loved reading through her posts and recipes and learning more about gluten-free cooking. I finally decided to try her Gluten Free White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries. Since we don’t have the allergies here in the Test Kitchen, I adapted her recipe to fit what I had in my pantry & we loved these cookies! The Mister ate 6 out of the first dozen that came out of the oven!!
YIELD: 4-5 dozen cookies
- 1 & 1/2 cups quick cook oats
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the egg, milk & vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the 1/2 tablespoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and just set, depending on the size of your cookie and how crispy you want it to be.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Oh yum! I absolutely love white chocolate and cranberry cookies, but I’ve never tried making them myself – thanks so much for this recipe 🙂
I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon…
LOVELY looking cookies, a GREAT SRC pick! Karen
Great combination of flavours!!! Wonderful SRC pick!
Any oatmeal cookie with add-ins is a winner in my book! These sound amazing!
These look amazing!
Yummy! These look good. I make a similar cookie around the holidays. You should try the gluten free version sometime, just for fun. I have several friends now who are gluten free and I’ve learned to make some pretty decent recipes.
Ooooh! Love the combo of cranberry and white chocolate… never seen it in an OATMEAL cookie! Great pick!
Oh yum! I could eat a dozen of these!
These do look delicious–but I have never met a cookie I didn’t like!
My daughter is GF so I will check out the original post and make a yummy treat my daughter can eat.
Great SRC pick