I’m going to be honest and say that I was nervous picking out a recipe. Bean’s blog is a gluten-free & sometimes other allergy free blog! I know absolutely NOTHING about gluten free recipes & products & cooking!! But I loved reading through her posts and recipes and learning more about gluten-free cooking. I finally decided to try her Gluten Free White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries. Since we don’t have the allergies here in the Test Kitchen, I adapted her recipe to fit what I had in my pantry & we loved these cookies! The Mister ate 6 out of the first dozen that came out of the oven!!
YIELD: 4-5 dozen cookies
- 1 & 1/2 cups quick cook oats
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the egg, milk & vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the 1/2 tablespoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and just set, depending on the size of your cookie and how crispy you want it to be.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.