A fresh zucchini salsa is piled into buttery tortillas to make these quick & easy Corn & Zucchini Quesadillas, perfect for a summer dinner!
Raw veggies, fresh lime juice, golden buttery tortillas ~ these Corn & Zucchini Quesadillas were absolutely delicious.
I love corn in pretty much anything but in combo with the zucchini, jalapeno & cilantro ~ it was just perfect. The corn & zucchini mixture can be made in advance & kept in the fridge until dinner making this an even easier weeknight meal.
Corn & Zucchini Quesadillas
- 1 can 11 ounces extra sweet corn niblets
- 1 medium zucchini quartered & thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded & diced
- juice from 2 small limes
- about 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- To make the Zucchini Salsa: Add the corn kernels to a medium bowl. Add the zucchini, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, & olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to combine. Cover with a lid & refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Brush one side of all tortillas with a small amount of butter; lay a tortilla, buttered side down, in a preheated skillet. Place a quarter of the filling on each tortilla, and sprinkle with a quarter of the cheese. Place the remaining tortillas on top, buttered side up; press down gently with a spatula to seal.
- Saute until cheese has melted and tortillas are golden brown, turning once. Remove from the skillet & let cool slightly. To serve, slice each quesadilla into wedges.