Hello everyone! My name is Doree and I blog over at Top Notch Mom. I feel so lucky to have met Jaime, and I consider her one of my bloggy BFFs. I’m so excited to be a contributor here on Mom’s Test Kitchen, and I can’t wait to share this delicious soup recipe with you.
I love a good soup recipe to warm you up on a cold day. This Chicken Tortellini Soup is super easy to make. I love that it has a minimal prep time; you can throw it in the pot, let it simmer, and you’ll have a tasty dinner in no time. Your family will think you’ve been cooking all day and the house will smell amazing. It doesn’t get any better than that in my opinion. I hope you enjoy it!
Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 LB boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 9 oz package cheese tortellini uncooked
- 46 oz chicken broth
- 1 C carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/2 C onion chipped
- 1/2 C celery sliced
- 1/2 TSP dried thyme
- 1/4 TSP pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine all ingredients in a stockpot; bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes
- Discard bay leaf