Welcome to the #SecretRecipeClub! I have been a fan of Dorothy & Shockingly Delicious for awhile now! I was introduced to her blog through another group that both her and I participate in and she is wonderful! She’s a wonderful blogger, her recipes are amazing and her photos are drool-worthy!! Seriously, just check this out! You’re adding that to your menu plan now aren’t you??
Since it’s football season here in the Test Kitchen household, I knew I wanted to look through Dorothy’s Appetizers for a good game day recipe & that’s where I found The Best Guacamole in the World! Perfect for a Sunday spent
betting on watching sports!
Best Guacamole in the World
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 serrano chili seeded & finely chopped
- 3 ripe avocado
- juice from 1 small lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to season
- In a medium bowl, add the onions, tomatoes, cilantro & serrano pepper. Cut the avocados in half, remove and discard pits. Cradling the avocado half in the palm of your hand, cut vertical and horizontal slices. Using a spoon, spoon out the avocado pieces and place in the bowl with the onion and tomato mixture. Using a fork, mix gently to avoid mashing the avocado.
- Add the cumin, chili powder and squeeze the lime juice over the top of the guacamole (avoid too much juice so as not make the guacamole runny), and use the fork to mix again gently. Season with salt and pepper. Chill or serve immediately.