Appetizers | Recipes | Snacks
Best Guacamole in the World #SecretRecipeClub
Welcome to the #SecretRecipeClub! I have been a fan of Dorothy & Shockingly Delicious for awhile now! I was introduced to her blog through another group that both her and I participate in and she is wonderful! She’s a wonderful blogger, her recipes are amazing and her photos are drool-worthy!! Seriously, just check this out! You’re adding that to your menu plan now aren’t you??
Since it’s football season here in the Test Kitchen household, I knew I wanted to look through Dorothy’s Appetizers for a good game day recipe & that’s where I found The Best Guacamole in the World! Perfect for a Sunday spent
betting on watching sports!
Best Guacamole in the World
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 serrano chili seeded & finely chopped
- 3 ripe avocado
- juice from 1 small lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to season
- In a medium bowl, add the onions, tomatoes, cilantro & serrano pepper. Cut the avocados in half, remove and discard pits. Cradling the avocado half in the palm of your hand, cut vertical and horizontal slices. Using a spoon, spoon out the avocado pieces and place in the bowl with the onion and tomato mixture. Using a fork, mix gently to avoid mashing the avocado.
- Add the cumin, chili powder and squeeze the lime juice over the top of the guacamole (avoid too much juice so as not make the guacamole runny), and use the fork to mix again gently. Season with salt and pepper. Chill or serve immediately.
To keep the guacamole from turning brown, cover the surface of the guacamole with saran wrap. The Saran wrap should touch the guacamole to form a barrier against the air, and should extend all the way to the edge of the bowl. This helps to reduce the air exposure to the guacamole and prevent it from browning.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Be sure to stay connected on social media for all the latest recipes & behind the scenes fun!
I’m obsessed with guacamole! This looks incredible. But there’s no way I’d get 12 servings out of it 🙂
YUM! I love guacamole…I could eat it with a spoon…oh wait, sometimes I do 🙂 Great choice!
Oh I love homemade guacamole!! Great SRC pick this month!! Yumm!
I adore guacamole and avocados in general so I would be all over this
I could eat guacamole all day long. This bowlful looks amazing!
Love her blog too! Guacamole is always on our menu, at least once/week, usually my husband is in charge of making it… I will have to show him this post to compare with his recipe…
Nice choice for SRC!
That title would’ve called my name too! Look perfect, especially for sport season!
I could eat guacamole by the spoonful! Sounds delicious. Great pick this month 🙂
Yum! Perfect for football games or anytime! Great SRC pick! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
Such a great pick for football season!
I love guacamole! It’s so delicious! Usually I’m pretty lazy and make it as simple as possible (avocado, garlic, lemon juice and salt), but this does look amazing!
I do love a good guac! Lovely choice for SRC 🙂
Hey, thanks for making the guac! It’s a perfect game-day snack!