Welcome to November’s Secret Recipe Club Reveal! I am super excited for who I had this month! I was assigned the fabulous Julie & her wonderful blog – Confessions of a Cooking Diva! Julie is one of my favorite people. I’ve known her for awhile, not just through the SRC but through many other blogger things. If you’ve never checked out Confessions of a Cooking Diva, I seriously recommend carving out some time! Julie has an amazing selection of recipes!
When I found Julie’s Chinese Chicken Salad recipe, I knew I had found my SRC pick for this month. First, we love anything with Asian flavors. Second, thanks to the wonderful thing that is rotisserie chicken, there was no actual cooking involved. Third, I knew it would make enough that it would feed me for lunch pretty much my whole week at work. There was no downside to this recipe!
The only difference I made to my recipe from Julie’s original was I used broccoli slaw in the salad instead of just shredded cabbage. I’m a big fan of broccoli slaw so I’ll take any excuse to use it in a recipe. Julie served hers in slider buns – I ate mine wrapped up in a tortillas simply because I already had some here at the house 🙂
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- ⅛ cup peanuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ⅓ cup peanut oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded chicken, mandarin oranges, broccoli slaw, peanuts & green onion. Toss to mix well.
- Drizzle 2 - 3 tablespoons of the sesame dressing over the mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve on rolls or wrapped in tortillas. Drizzle more dressing over the chicken salad sandwich before serving if desired.
recipe inspired by: Confessions of a Cooking Diva