The iconic cartoon character’s favorite sandwich is given an update perfect for tailgating or an easy weekend lunch in these delicious Dagwood Sliders packed full of Oscar Mayer meats!
We are a sandwich loving household! We really could eat sandwiches at least 3-4 times a week & some weeks we eat sandwiches every night! Y’all know we all have those weeks where we don’t want to even think about menu planning or cooking & having a fridge packed full of delicious cold cuts, crisp veggies & different condiments is just so much easier! Plus sandwiches are the one meal that your kids & your husband can’t argue that they don’t know how to cook! 😉
Just in time for back to school & football season, Oscar Mayer has launched the Old World Style line of pepperoni and salami, for those of us that want flavorful and convenient meats on the go and at home. The Old World Style line of deli meats includes four new varieties, all in sandwich-ready slices & found in the refrigerated-meat section at retail stores nationwide:
- Classic Salami
- Cracked Black Pepper Salami
- Classic Pepperoni
- Turkey Pepperoni
Old World Style pepperoni and salami makes for a great addition to any sandwich, like these Dagwood Sliders that both are piled high on, plus they both are also an excellent source of protein, with up to 8 grams per serving!
If you were a cartoon loving kid, then you’ve got to remember Dagwood from the Blondie comic strip & his mile high sandwiches! I knew this would be the perfect deli meat packed sandwich for an easy lunch while watching football with the family! Plus it was fun to pay homage to my childhood!!
- Combine the mayo & mustard in a small bowl. Add in the minced garlic, chili powder & oregano; stir to combine. Season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Lay out the 12 bottom halves of the slider buns on a large cutting board or work surface. Spread half of the mayo mixture over the buns - just a small spoonful per bun.
- Layer the meat and cheeses evenly on top of the slider buns in this order: pepperoni, Swiss, ham, provolone, roast beef, cheddar, salami and bacon. Fold the meats in quarters so that everything will stack evenly on top of each other. You will only use 1/4 slice of cheese per slider.
- Top the meat & cheese with a sliced tomato, a pickle chip & 1-2 spinach leaves.
- Spread the remaining mayo mixture on the top slider buns & the add to the sliders. Secure with large toothpicks if needed.
- Serve immediately with your favorite potato chips.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
recipe inspired by: Food Network
What is your favorite Italian-inspired sandwich?
this recipe may be showing off at any of these fabulous parties
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.