No need to make a trip to the store when you have a snack craving! Instead, you can whip up a batch of customizable Homemade Crackers in less than an hour!
Welcome to April’s Secret Recipe Club Reveal! This month I had the privilege of getting to check out & pick a recipe to recreate from Kirstin’s blog, Loving Life. I loved spending time checking out her blog this last month! I love the fact that she is not just a foodie & that she even tells you in her welcome that Loving Life doesn’t have a theme, it’s just their life! I think it’s fun to get to know the bloggers outside of the kitchen so I enjoy reading all of the non-food posts too
But of course the recipes will still always win out on getting my attention for the longest amount of time 😉
Kirstin had a long list of recipes that I could choose from & I definitely had a tough time picking just one. I really thought I was going to try out her Oven Baked Zucchini Fries because I had picked up some delicious looking zucchini and squash at the Farmer’s Market but then I saw her Homemade Crackers recipe and decided on that one instead. Trying my hand at making homemade crackers has been on my culinary to-do list for a while now & Kirstin’s recipe sounded delicious & easy. I didn’t have all of the same toppings that Kirstin used for her crackers so I switched mine up a little and gave them a savory, Italian flavor and I thought they were delicious! I’m definitely going to try Kristin’s cracker recipe again & experiment with all sorts of different toppings!
- Combine the flour and salt in a small bowl. Add the oil & water and stir until you have a ball of dough - gonna be easiest to just use your hands. Set aside and allow to rest for about 15 minutes or so.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the topping. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the dough has rested, flour a working surface and roll the dough out very thin. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into squares. Gently pick up each square and place on the lined baking sheet. (Alternately, you could just place the dough on the baking sheet prior to cutting, but with the lip on my baking sheet, it would have been too difficult to cut the squares with the pizza cutter.)
- Brush each cracker with a small amount of water and then sprinkle with the mixed toppings. Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your crackers, or until the crackers are starting to turn golden and have become crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Loving Life