Welcome to Day #1 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Lots of great prizes will be up for grabs so you do not want to miss one single day. Follow #AppetizerWeek on Twitter to keep up to date with all our amazing recipes and giveaways!
Welcome to #AppetizerWeek!! If you remember back in December, a group of us did #ChristmasWeek and shared yummy baked goods all throughout the 6 days. Well this time we are serving up appetizers perfect for your Super Bowl Parties! I’ve got a new delicious recipe to share with you all 6 days, so join me every morning for a new bite sized goodie!!
Starting off, I’ve got a super good chicken salad appetizer for you. Think traditional chicken salad, just kicked up with all your favorite Tex-Mex flavors! It’s packed full of corn, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado & so much more! Serve the chicken salad on top of your favorite tortilla chip for a simple, quick appetizer!
Now let’s see all of the other Appetizer Week recipes for more Football Munching Temptations:
Be sure to keep reading past the Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Bites recipe to get entered in the #OXO Giveaway!
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime juice, mashed avocado and cumin and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, corn, tomatoes, avocado, green onions, cilantro and jalapeño. Add the dressing and gently fold all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld. Stir before serving.
- Serve on top of your favorite tortilla chips*
*I served the chicken salad on top of fried flour tortilla rounds I made myself. I simply used a medium sized biscuit cutter to cut circles out of flour tortillas. Then fried them until golden in vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Fine Cooking
Now for the Giveaway:
Our sponsor for Day 1 of Appetizer Week is OXO. We are so happy they joined us today. OXO is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. Their tools are designed with everyone in mind, they are not only efficient but they are also comfortable to use. As food bloggers we spend a ton of the kitchen and we need our tools to not only stand the test of time, but to be as user-friendly as possible. OXO tools meet all those requirements. You can follow OXO on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Today’s OXO Prize Pack valued at over $256 includes:
- 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- 4 Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set
- Citrus Juicer
- Hand-Held Mandoline Slicer
- 2 Cup Angled Measuring Cup
- 6 Piece Measuring Cup Set in Black
- 6 Piece Measuring Spoon Set in Black
- 3 Piece Large Bowl and Colander Set in Red
- Garlic Press
- Silicone Pastry Brush
- Utility Cutting Board in Red
- Pop Container Big Square in 4.0 Quart Size
- Pop Scoop
- Oil Stopper/Pourer
- Pastry Scraper/Chopper
- Coarse Hand-Held Grater
- Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
- 12 inch Silicone Tongs
***Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winner must be 18 years of age or older. No substitutions or cash value will be given***