So last week I made those Raspberry Donut Muffins and I really wanted to make them again for breakfast this past weekend. But I didn’t have any more raspberries.
I remembered seeing in the inspiration recipe that instead of the fruit glaze you could just use butter to top the muffins so I gave that a try this time. They were yummy! I’m honestly kinda torn between which ones I like better.
YIELD: 32 mini muffins
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the shortening, sugar and egg until fully combined. In another medium bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg
- together. Stir the flour mixture into the shortening mixture alternating with milk until just combined.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan & allow to cool.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar & cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip the tops of the muffins in the melted butter and then dip in cinnamon sugar mixture.