These carrots were a really nice twist on a typical side dish. Instead of just cooking the carrots in butter, the addition of the Parmesan cheese just adds a great new flavor!
I served these carrots with some simple marinate from a bottle pork chops.
YIELD: 6 servings
- 1 bag (1 pound) baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the carrots into a large skillet and cover them with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes or so. Drain the carrots.
- Add the butter to the skillet and increase the heat to medium. Stir the butter in with the carrots and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Wait 30 seconds before stirring into carrots. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: allrecipes