|Forgive my mediocre food photography.|
Makes 12 Sliders
3-4 boneless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 jar marinara sauce
1/2 cup water
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 cup of butter
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
12 Sarah Lee brand slider buns (or regular dinner rolls)
1. Cover bottom of slow cooker with the olive oil and place chicken breasts on top of the oil.
2. In separate bowl add marinara sauce, water, parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon garlic powder and crushed red pepper. Mix well and pour over chicken.
3. Cook on low 6-8 hours if frozen or 4-5 hours if thawed. Shred chicken halfway through cooking time.
4. When the chicken is done, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place desired amount of chicken on slider buns and top with mozzarella cheese. (I also sprinkled extra parmesan cheese on top of the mozzarella.)
6. Put the tops of the buns on the sandwiches and bake for 5 minutes.
7. While sliders are baking, melt butter and mix with 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
8. Brush sliders with garlic butter mixture as soon as you take them out of the oven.
9. Let sliders cool slightly.
10. Enjoy. (With wine.)