CrockPot | Main Dishes | Pork | Savory | SRS
Slow-Cooked Tostadas al Pastor #SecretRecipeSwap
I have to admit I was pretty stoked about my Surprise Recipe Swap partner this month! I’ve known this gal for a while & I absolutely love her recipes. I’m pretty sure I have her whole blog pinned. So, wondering who I had???
The awesome Meghan from The Tasty Fork 🙂
Like I said, I have so many of her recipes pinned that I’ve been wanting to try, I had a hard time deciding on a final recipe. I finally narrowed it down to two & the fact that I already had a pork tenderloin in my freezer helped make the final decision.
The flavors in this were amazing! The pork had just the right level of spiciness and then add in the sweetness of the pineapple and the creaminess of the avocado ~ perfection!! The only thing I did differently from Meghan’s original recipe was turn it into a tostada and add in the addition of the avocado instead of making tacos. Either way you decide to go with this recipe, you won’t be disappointed!!
SLOW-COOKED TOSTADAS AL PASTOR
YIELDS: 6-8 servings
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, with juice
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- juice from 2 small oranges ~ about 1/3 to 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- juice from 1 small lime
- 1 avocado, peeled & mashed
- tostado shells
- Place the first 10 ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Do not chop the chipotle peppers up, just put the peppers in whole so you can fish them out.
- Shred the pork in the slow cooker.
- Combine the pineapple chunks, cilantro, onions and lime juice in a small bowl to make the salsa. Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Spread a large spoonful of the mashed avocado on to a tostado shell. Top with the shredded pork and the pineapple salsa.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: The Tasty Fork
Interested in joining the Secret Recipe Swap? Find out more here:
So many lovely recipes. Thanks so much!
Looks fabulous! Pinned to try later..after I get to the store!
I love being in SRS! This recipe I just pinned, it has so many of my favorite ingredients. cilantro, red onion, guacamole, pineapple. OH BOY can’t wait to try it
Love, love, love the herbs and spice combo! I can only imagine this great flavor explosion in your mouth! Thank you for being a part of the SRS 🙂
It was sooo good!! Thanks for setting up such a fun recipe swap!! 🙂