I just recently became a coffee drinker. It seems like once my body hit 33, it decided it just couldn’t do this whole functioning thing without a morning cup or three of coffee. This, in turn, has made me become aware of the many delicious coffee creamer flavors available. You can make your coffee taste like almost anything! Hello, Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies!!
Actually, I’m really looking forward to trying out the new Extra Sweet & Creamy flavor. I obviously love the Italian Sweet Creme so to get a new flavor that’s even more creamy & has extra sweetness! I’m positive that I’m going to love it!!
This new world of creamy flavored goodness has sparked my baking bug. I love having a hot cup of coffee in the mornings topped off with my favorite Coffee-Mate creamers, but I’m also loving using those favorite creamers in some baked goods! These Italian Sweet Creme Glazed Lemon Cookies are a perfect example! I was making a simple soft batch of lemon cake mix cookies and really wanted to add a little extra something to them. So I started rummaging through my pantry and fridge looking for ideas. And sitting there was my big bottle of Coffee-Mate Italian Sweet Creme Liquid Creamer. I knew immediately that the rich, sweet flavor would be a perfect compliment to the lemon cookies. So an Italian Sweet Creme Glaze was born.
Italian Sweet Creme Glazed Lemon Cookies
for the lemon cookies:
- 1 box 16.5 ounces lemon cake mix
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
for the Italian Sweet Creme glaze:
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup + about 1/4 cup Coffee-Mate Sweet Italian Creme Liquid Creamer
- 2 cups powdered sugar
for the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter and water – it will be VERY thick. Drop the batter by tablespoons onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are set. Cool for just a minute or two on the baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Allow to cool completely before adding the glaze.
for the Italian Sweet Creme glaze:
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the glaze by creaming the butter. Add in the heavy cream and the 1/3 cup of creamer. Add the powdered sugar in a 1/2 cup at a time until well incorporated and smooth.
- This will be rather thick so slowly add a tablespoon at a time of the creamer until you have your desired consistency for the glaze. I still wanted mine kind of thick so I added almost 4 additional tablespoons of creamer.
- Use a spoon to add glaze to the tops of your cookies.
GLAZE RECIPE INSPIRED BY: The NY Melrose Family
So now how about we have a Coffee-Mate Prize Pack giveaway?!? To help celebrate Coffee-Mate’s new Extra Sweet & Creamy coffee creamer, Coffee-Mate has generously offered a prize pack for one of my fabulous readers! This Coffee-Mate Creamer Prize Pack includes 5 FREE product coupons for your favorite Coffee-Mate creamers (including the new Extra Sweet & Creamy). This prize pack is valued at $20. To enter, follow the Rafflecopter below. Good luck and enjoy! a Rafflecopter giveaway
Be sure to follow Coffee-mate on Twitter for more delicious fun and giveaway opportunities!
this recipe may be showing off at any of these fabulous parties
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.