Traditional Chicken Salad gets a #BaconMonth spin with the addition of sweet corn & crispy bacon!
We are a snack-y family when it comes to meals. We tend to graze & eat more snack type meals then full on ‘main dish with sides’ dinners. Like with this Bacon & Corn Chicken Salad – it, served with some pita chips on the side made a perfect dinner for us! Not too heavy & filling but still enough that we weren’t hungry an hour or two later.
I love meals like this too because it gives me the flexibility of getting everything ready at some point during the day when I can find a free minute instead of slaving over dinner once the Hubs gets home. His schedule can vary so much from day to day, it just makes things so much easier to pretty much have dinner ready to go at what ever point he walks in the door at night!
Bacon & Corn Chicken Salad
- 1 can 12.5 ounces premium white chicken in water, drained
- salt pepper & paprika to season
- 1 container 6 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 can 8.5 ounces sweet golden corn, drained
- 6-7 slices bacon cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Add the chicken to a medium sized bowl and season with the salt, pepper & paprika. Add the yogurt, mayo and mustard to the bowl, tossing well to coat. Fold in the corn, bacon, & green onions. Taste & season with more salt and pepper if desired. Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve.
recipe inspired by: How Sweet It Is