This post brought to you by Butterball Every Day. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m not sure why but ever since Princess P started preschool, I’ve been really trying to make an effort to eat better. And I in no way mean a full on diet; I’m just trying to make smarter choices with my meals. Like eating more veggies & switching out some of my favorite ingredients with leaner, more wholesome options that still give me all the flavor!
Of course one of the first things I had to find an alternative for was bacon! I’ve tried a few turkey bacons in the past & they just didn’t quite measure up. They didn’t have that same great bacon taste I was looking for. Then I tried Butterball Everyday Turkey Bacon & I have converted! Butterball Turkey Bacon is not only lean but also absolutely delicious & lets me make those better food choices without giving up that great taste I love! My family & I have can have a great tasting, indulgent meal without the guilt!
These Smoky BLT Stuffed Avocados served with Bacon Ranch Dressing is one such meal. I made these this past Sunday for lunch while we watched the football games & I can’t begin to explain to y’all how good they were! The smoky flavors in the BLT stuffing mixed with the creamy avocado & then topped with a semi-homemade Bacon Ranch Dressing – made with Turkey Bacon of course! – were so stinking good! This is definitely a recipe that will make an appearance at our house again!
- For the Bacon Ranch Dressing, mix the milk, sour cream, mayo & ranch dressing mix in a small bowl. Crumble the bacon into the dressing & stir to mix. Cover & chill until ready to use.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the white cooking white, the tomatoes, liquid smoke, basil, oregano & garlic. Bring to a boil then reduce heat & simmer for about 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by at least half to 3/4′s.
- Once the liquid is reduced, add in the chopped spinach & the crispy, chopped bacon. Gently fold to combine the ingredients & allow the spinach to slightly wilt. Remove from heat.
- While the tomatoes are simmering, halve the avocados & remove the pit. Squeeze the lemon juice lightly over the avocado halves – I scored my avocados as if I was going to use it for guacamole so it would be easier to eat.. Once the Smoky BLT filling is ready, fill each avocado half with 1/4 of the mixture, packing lightly.
- Serve with the Bacon Ranch Dressing lightly drizzled on top of the avocados, on the side or both!