All the flavors you love from the campfire treat come together is this delicious, easy to make S’mores Dip
So last week I gave y’all a whole crap load of savory appetizers perfect for Super Bowl Sunday! Today I figured we needed to throw in a sweet treat that would be just as perfect.
This S’mores Dip is so easy to make. Plus it can be made in advance – so you could make this up Saturday & just let it chill in the fridge until game time on Sunday! Throw it in a bowl & let everyone dig in! I would actually recommend making it ahead of time because the longer it sits, the better the flavors meld & the better it tastes.
I served mine with graham cracker sticks & those little bear cookies. I think it would also be good served up with some apple slices if you wanted to throw some fruit on the plate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with foil (simply for easier clean up)
- In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar. Pour evenly onto the pan. Put the pan in the oven, and bake for 5 minutes, remove, mix everything around with a fork, and continue to bake an additional 5 minutes. They will be done when the crumbles are a little darker in color & begin to hold together a little better.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt together the butter and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from the heat. Immediately mix in the mini marshmallows (not mallow bits) until melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature. I would highly recommend spraying the saucepan with non-stick spray before cooking just so getting the marshmallow mixture out of the pan after it's cooled is easier. Plus clean up will be easier too.
- While the marshmallow mixture is cooling, cream together the cream cheese & powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Add in the cooled marshmallow mixture. Mix until evenly combined, scraping the bowl down as needed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips, mallow bits, and the graham cracker crumbles. Reserve a couple of tablespoons of the crumbs to garnish if desired.
- Pour the dip into a dish, cover, and refrigerate until ready to be served.
*I used graham cracker sticks to make the crumbles instead of actual graham cracker squares simply because that's what I had on hand & what I was going to be serving it with. Two birds - one stone.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Craft, Bake, Sew, Create
NEED MORE S’MORES IN YOUR LIFE?
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL & HAVE DINNER DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX