Do you ever just get a craving for rice krispie treats?
I do. Alot.
I love those little buttery, marshmallow-ey squares.
But I’m not talking about the prepackaged, out of the box treats. I’m talking the homemade, extra butter and marshmallow, eat them while they are still warm, rice krispie treats.
Just talking about them is making me want one. I really wanted some the other day but we didn’t have any rice krispies. So I decided to improvise with the cereal we had on hand. And while it didn’t not replace the goodness of an actual rice krispie treat, the stand in cereals did a pretty decent job.
CEREAL TREAT BARS
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 ounces large marshmallows
- 3 cups Trix Cereal
- 3 cups Honey Nut Cheerios Cereal
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat the butter and marshmallows on high for 2 minutes. Stir and then heat again for 1 additional minute.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using a greased spatula, press the mixture into a pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool.
- Cut into bars.
The ones I make never actually make it to the cutting process.
We just tend to eat them straight from the pan.
With our fingers.
Because we’re classy like that.