I have to admit I was pretty stoked about my Surprise Recipe Swap partner this month! I’ve known this gal for a while & I absolutely love her recipes. I’m pretty sure I have her whole blog pinned. So, wondering who I had???
The awesome Meghan from The Tasty Fork
Like I said, I have so many of her recipes pinned that I’ve been wanting to try, I had a hard time deciding on a final recipe. I finally narrowed it down to two & the fact that I already had a pork tenderloin in my freezer helped make the final decision.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, with juice
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- juice from 2 small oranges ~ about 1/3 to 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- juice from 1 small lime
- 1 avocado, peeled & mashed
- tostado shells
- Place the first 10 ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. Do not chop the chipotle peppers up, just put the peppers in whole so you can fish them out.
- Shred the pork in the slow cooker.
- Combine the pineapple chunks, cilantro, onions and lime juice in a small bowl to make the salsa. Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Spread a large spoonful of the mashed avocado on to a tostado shell. Top with the shredded pork and the pineapple salsa.