It’s been awhile since I shared an educational activity that Princess P & I have done so I thought it was time to hit y’all with a little knowledge. A little ABC knowledge.
Princess P is really into her ABC’s right now! She loves walking around singing the Alphabet Song! And then once she finishes, she’ll look at me and say ‘do it again mommy, do it again!’ And she’ll start right back over! So I’ve been looking for fun ways to continue to teach her the letters & to introduce simple words that start with each letter. This was a fun activity we did for the letter D!
D IS FOR DOOR
- 2 sheets of construction paper, 1 white, 1 any other color
- 1 sticker ~ an uppercase letter D or a picture of something that begins with D
- Start by writing a lowercase d with the marker on the white piece of construction paper.
- Have your little one color the d
- Cut out the d. You also want to cut out the round portion of the inner circle but do not cut the straight line. Fold the circle carefully back to make your ‘door’
- Glue the lowercase d to the second piece of construction paper ~ be sure not to glue down any part of the inner circle, that needs to stay an open flap.
- Add your sticker to the second piece of paper inside the circle of the lower case d. I used a capital D sticker to help with the letter recognition between uppercase & lowercase letters.
ACTIVITY INSPIRED BY: No Time For Flash Cards