|Beef Barley Soup – For the slow cooker|
6 cups sliced carrots
2 bell peppers, chopped
4 (14.5 oz each) cans of diced tomatoes with juice
4 cups pasta sauce
4 T beef bouillon granules
4 t salt
2 t black pepper
2 cups pearled barley, divided
1) Trim beef as needed. Divide evenly among one-gallon freezer bags.
2) Into each of the four bags of beef measure 1 1/2 cups carrots, 1 1/2 cups celery, 1 cup onion and 1/4 of the peppers. (I mix my veggies together and divide evenly among bags) Also, add to each bag: 1 can tomatoes, 1 cup pasta sauce, 1 T bouillon, 1 t salt and 1/2 t black pepper. Seal. Set aside.
3) Into each of the one-quart bags measure 1/2 cup barley. Seal.
4) Place the soup mix and barley into a labeled one-gallon freezer bag and place on a flat surface to freeze. I put a paper towel in between the layers so they do not stick.
1) Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. It’s OK if it is not completely thawed.
2) Place the mix, barley and 4 cups of water int he slow cooker. Heat on low for 8 – 10 hours.
Recipe adapted from: Fix, Freeze, Feast
Myself & Sarah would love to have you as new friends!! Please take a minute to follow us both via GFC, Twitter, FB, or any other social media you prefer
You are welcome to link up any recipe you like but only recipes that are consistent with the week’s theme will be featured at the end of the week.
Please feel free to grab the button in the sidebar or add a direct link back to the week’s party that you are linking up to
And finally, go make some new friends ~ spend a few minutes checking out some other recipes that you might want to try out yourself & comment! Everyone loves comments!!
Please note that by linking up you are giving permission to use the photos along with a link back to your post in the Mom’s Test Meal Mondays Features post & on Mom’s Test Kitchen’s Social Media Networks